Thursday, July 14, 2011

#nowplaying: Norwegian Wood by The Beatles

“Tell me something, Toru. Do you love me?”
“You know I do.”
“Will you do me two favors?”
“You can have up to three wishes, Madame.”
“No, two will do. One is for you to realize how grateful I am that you came to see me here. I hope you'll understand how happy you've made me. I know it's going to save me if anything will. I may not show it, but it's true.”
“I'll come to see you again. And what is the other wish?”
“I want you always to remember me. Will you remember that I existed, and that I stood next to you here like this?”
“Always, I'll always remember.”

She walked on without speaking. The autumn light filtering through the branches danced over the shoulders of her jacket. A dog barked again, closer than before.

No comments: